- issues related to how target date fund managers determine asset allocations and changes to asset allocations (including glide paths) over the course of a fund’s operation;
- how they select and monitor underlying investments;
- how the foregoing and related risks are disclosed to investors; and
- the approaches or factors for comparing and evaluating target date funds.
Applications to participate in the June 18 hearings may submit their requests via these methods:
Electronic submissions:It should be noted that, as with all comment letters sent to the SEC, the content of the applications will be publicly available on the SEC's website. No deadline for submissions was indicated in the SEC's press release.
- Use the Commission’s Internet submission form at www.sec.gov.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Send paper submissions in triplicate to Elizabeth M. Murphy, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street NE, Washington, D.C. 20549-1090.
The full text of the Commission's May 22, 2009 press release is available at: http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2009/2009-120.htm
- "Joint SEC and DOL Hearings on Target Date Funds," May 14, 2009
- "Chairman Schapiro's First Address to the Fund Industry," May 4, 2009