On Tuesday, April 21, from 12:30PM EDT to 2:00PM, the Forum and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP will present a free web-based program featuring a panel of independent directors and industry experts in a directed discussion about the role of fund directors in overseeing their funds' use of complex securities, derivatives, and structured investment vehicles.
The 90 minute discussion will focus not just on directors' oversight duties, but on how their responsibilities have changed as a result of recent market events. In addition, the panel will discuss how directors are addressing some of the difficult challenges market turmoil has presented in valuing these complex instruments and synthetic positions.
The panel will feature:
- Kathleen Cuocolo, Independent Trustee, Citigroup Alternative Investments Trust
- Ruth S. Epstein, Partner, Dechert LLP
- Deena C. Ethridge, Managing Director, Legal Investments & Trading Group, State Street Global Advisors
- Anthony Evangelista, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Burton Greenwald, Independent Trustee, Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund Series and Managing Director of B.J. Greenwald Associates
- Douglas Summa, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- David B. Smith, Executive Vice President, MFDF (Moderator)